Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Changing things for the better
- Kenya: Maasai adapt to climate change with crops, not cows (by Sawa Pius, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Tanzania: Radio’s young, aspiring reporters (by Adam Bemma, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for applications: Electronic media fellowships
- Online debate: Income generation and the sustainability of community radio
- Get involved with Earth Day!
- Farm Radio International trainers learn how to create ear-catching intros and promos
- Sekedo, a drought-resistant sorghum for Karamoja
- Healthy! Staples, vegetables and insurance