Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Education! Education! Education!
- Kenya: School children benefit from fairly traded tea (by Sawa Pius, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Niger: Farmers use micro-doses of fertilizer to increase yields (by Souleymane Maâzou, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Tanzania: Young farmers fight climate change in Zanzibar (by Adam Bemma, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for applications: Human rights fellowship for women journalists
- Online video and print guide: Conducting safe, effective and ethical interviews with survivors of sexual and gender-based violence
- Farm Radio Resource Packs now available on Barza!
- Micro-doses of fertilizer increase yields in the Sahel
- International Women’s Day 2014: Inspiring change