Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Dairy, digging and discrimination
- Cameroon: Job seeker begins new life with donated cow (by Anne Mireille Nzouankeu, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- South Sudan: War veterans plant for peace (IPS)
- Zimbabwe: Elderly farmers neglected by government and NGOs (IRIN)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for applications: Facts & formats: Sexual and reproductive health
- Guidebook: World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development
- FarmQuest reality radio in Mali: Now available on SoundCloud and YouTube
- Dairy farmers reap the benefits of working together in a co-operative society
- Ebola, fowls and fodder