Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Breaking down walls: changing the future
- Rwanda: Women survivors drum up ice cream business (by Fulgence Niyonagize, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Malawi: Farmer earns enough from okra to send her children to school (by Norman Fulatira, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Somaliland: Soaring charcoal prices hit families hard (IRIN)
- FRW news in brief
- Calls for applications: National Press Foundation fellowship
- Video and audio available for download: Ebola: A Poem for the Living
- Congratulations to Victoria Dansoa Abankwa, 2014 George Atkins Communication Award winner
- SolarAid’s micro solar project in rural Tanzania: Tremendous solar energy potential
- Good news about Ebola, efficiency and fisheries