Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- New activities, new incomes
- Congo-Brazzaville: On an island of fishers, the only farmer earns more money than most (by Privat Tiburce Martin Massanga, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Zimbabwe: Laying hens change former squatters’ fortunes (by Nqobani Ndlovu, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Uganda: Farmer profits by branching out into selling sweet potato vines (by Adam Bemma, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- Farmer program e-course: spots are going fast! Sign-up as soon as possible
- Orange sweet potato
- Call for entries: Haller Prize for Development Journalism
- Climate change in Africa: A guidebook for journalists
- Ebola, pollution and communication