Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- International Day of Rural Women: Celebrate women farmers!
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Cassava leaves are ‘green gold’ for woman farmer (by Jacques Kikuni Kokonyange, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Woman farmer replaces diseased bananas with vegetables (by Adeline Nsimire, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Kenya: Women plant sunflowers to divert hungry birds (by Sawa Pius, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- International Day of Rural Women: October 15, 2014
- Ebola: Key facts
- Farm Radio Resource Pack 99 now online
- Sekedo, a drought-resistant sorghum for Karamoja
- Farming tales: Beating the odds