Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Good business, bad markets, and serious land issues
- Comoros: Young farmer meets success by building customer loyalty (by Ahmed Bacar, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Zimbabwe: Low prices mean tough choices for farmers (By Vladimir Mzaca, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Senegal: Farmers angered by large-scale land purchases (IRIN)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for applications: Earth Journalism Scholars
- Farm Radio International helps farmers standardize bag sizes for food crops
- Free access: BBC opens up College of Journalism websites
- Broadcaster how-to guide: How to create ear-catching promos, intros and extros
- Moving forward: Rubber trees, chickens and sunflower brighten the future