Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Challenges to Africa’s farmers, and finding a niche market
- Africa: Dividing farmland a threat to food security (IPS)
- Burkina Faso: Feathered grain thieves force farmers to harvest early (by Nourou-Dhine Salouka, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Congo-Brazzaville: Turnips are ticket to profit for market gardener (by Privat Tiburce Martin Massanga, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for nominations: Freedom of Expression Awards
- International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists: November 2, 2014
- Have you liked Barza on Facebook?
- How to find useful and reliable information about farming on the Internet
- International Day of Rural Women: Celebrate women farmers!