Farm Radio Weekly (FRW) brings news, scripts, features, resources and events into your inbox every week. It provides information and inspiration for farm radio broadcasters, journalists and agricultural development staff across Africa. It is available online, and is one of several free resources for broadcasters provided by Farm Radio International, which aim at supporting small-scale farming families.
The news stories and scripts focus on small-scale farmers, their experiences and their concerns. All scripts and many stories are written by local journalists and writers. Other stories, plus information about upcoming events, training opportunities and resources, are collected from a variety of internet sources.
Subscribe now to Farm Radio Weekly below!
- Ebola, pollution and communication
- Sierra Leone: Farmers evading Ebola leave crops to rot (Bloomberg)
- Zimbabwe: Contaminated water forces vegetable farmers to change crops and irrigation techniques (By Vladimir Mzaca, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- Malawi: Text messages help farmer increase yields (By Mark Ndipita, for Farm Radio Weekly)
- FRW news in brief
- Call for entries: The African Fact-Checking Awards
- New publication: Reporting justice: A handbook on covering war crimes courts
- Farmer program e-course registration is open!
- Clean water and a clean environment make a better life
- Young people make the future bright