We develop radio script and information packages called Farm Radio Resource Packs, a weekly electronic news and information service called Farm Radio Weekly and an online community called Barza, and share them with hundreds of African broadcasters. They, in turn, use these resources to research, produce and present relevant and engaging radio programs for the millions of farmers they broadcast to.
Our resources for broadcasters are:
- Aimed at increasing food supplies and improving nutrition and health;
- Simple, safe, affordable and practical;
- Ecologically sound and environmentally sustainable;
- Suitable for communication by radio;
- Proven useful and transferable within the developing world; and
- Appropriate to both female and male small-scale farmers.